Thursday, June 21, 2012

Indian Birthday Feast

I celebrated my birthday yesterday with my Pfizer colleagues at Khana Kazana, which is the best Indian restaurant in Kampala. Jeff made these photo collages.


The food was delicious - we started with sliced carrot and cucumber and then really tasty pappadums with finely chopped tomato, onion and herbs on top.

We ordered family-style; from the front working backwards we had lamb rogan josh, tilapia masala, saag paneer, chicken tikka masala and aloo gobi which had a wonderful smoky flavor. All with rice and naan.

For dessert I had gulab jamun - really good, in rose water syrup with slivered toasted almonds and silver leaf to garnish.

The restaurant has a gift shop and a couple of traditional Indian swing seats - so we couldn't resist the group photo opportunity!  Standing at the back from left to right are Carlo and Jeff, and seated on the swing are me, Nedra and Flor.



No comments:

Post a Comment