Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ugandan Artist - David Kiggundu

I met David Kiggundu through Pfizer friends Nedra Hoffman and Jenny de Gelder.  David is a young man trying to make it in the world by becoming trained in accounting, and by making and selling his paintings.  David also mentors about 6-7 orphans, helps pay their school fees and is training them to paint and also make greeting cards from banana fiber, both so they can learn a useful skill and so that he can scale up production of his designs.  The Pfizer gang is publicizing his work so if you like what you see, let me know and I can put you in touch with David, who is on Facebook, or purchase some of his work on your behalf.


I like David's wall hangings best of all his work.  He uses mixed media including acrylics, oils and watercolors.


David is also very good at painting African animals. I love the big hot sun in this one.

Here is David's story:

'Am Kiggundu David Ugandan artist and painter born 22nd/Sept/1988 in Kampala city, student at makerere university to pursue diploma in accounting and financing.

elder son in family of five children one brother and three sisters.my father Mayanja Robert taught me art when i was six year unfortunately he lost sight in 2001 after a car accident.my mother jolly
Kanyunyuzi died in 2001.

funds from paintings care for family, pay fees for orphans i work with, pay my tuition.my ambition is start up an NGO for needy vulnerable people and orphans, upgrade for masters degree in accounting and financing,attend international exhibitions sale my work,open a website of both NGO and artwork.

my achievements include-pay fees for some orphans in primary school, managed pay tuition at university worth 240$ per semester,care for family and lastly fetch brilliant ideas from customers that help my art to fit international markets.

my work includes wall hangings,oil on canvas modern classic pop and African,postal cards like 0il on canvas pen and ink,batiks,souvenirs, you can also contact me at kiggundudavid@gmail.com OR +256756981854'


Here are some pieces that I bought from David and am enjoying on the walls of my apartment in Kampala

Small oil on canvas

 Large oil on canvas wall hanging

Banana fiber Christmas card

1 comment:

  1. Hi-Can you take a look at my listing on ebay & confirm it's Ugandan art? It's signed Kiggundu.....eBay item number:261358787312

    Thanks.
    Graham

    ReplyDelete